What cheese did to me

Well for my 'challenge' breakfast I had 57 grams of cheddar cheese and a glass of water and a couple of hours later  I checked my blood sugar graph and interestingly it only showed a relatively mild rise and fall - nothing like the sharp peak of yesterday's bagel.  Tomorrow I have to eat the cheese with the bagel. Will that make it worse or will the cheese slow down the bagel sugar release?  I have no idea.

For lunch I tried a poached egg with one slice of bacon on one slice of white bread toast.  It didn't produce much of a peak but I got really hungry by four o'clock.

The this evening, having driven to Cambridge we went to Peter's local pub where I had a mushroom and lentil bolognese with a smallish portion of penne and garlic bread.  Unsurprisingly the blood sugar just escaped the safe/normal range, no doubt helped by two pints of Ghost Ship Ale.  Well you have to test these things out.  That spike fell quite rapidly and at bedtime was down at the other end of the scale - what the experts call a sugar crash.  So I guess you could say that that, for me at least, is not a healthy way of eating and drinking.  I believe the best blood sugar profile is low and slow rises and falls.

I dread to think what'll happen when Peter takes us out for a posh meal at Brown's tomorrow.  I can't refuse because it is a long promised treat.  No doubt it will be a treat, but if the results are scary it'll be good learning.  It's not as if it happens more than once in a blue moon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How it's going

Glucose monitoring finished , now on to gut biome stuff.

Join me as I experiment on my self -with the guidance of the Zoe programme