To quote Claudia Winkelman "The scores are in" - masses and masses of info

 My Zoe scores have arrived and there is a lot to take in and loads and loads of food suggestions. I've shown a lot of examples here for you to look at.

First things first. I'll tell you my three main results before explaining about all the goodies that follow. Each category result is a score out of 100 and broken into Bad, Poor, Good and Excellent bands



My blood sugar control score - as measured by the monitor after eating the prescribed cookies.  The not so good news is that I scored 35 which is in the middle of the poor range.  However people of my age and sex generally score between 31 and 39 so that makes me about average.

My blood fat control measured in the blood sample I took 8 hours after eating the first chocolatey cookie is a similar story.  I scored 42 (poor) but people like me score between 26 and 53 so again that's about average.  I didn't take my usual statin pill on the day of the test, so I might be a bit better than this suggests. I'll put in a query on the Zoe chat line to clarify that.

My microbiome health score (from analysis of my poo) which measures relative abundance of good v bad gut bacteria came out at a score of 87 which falls into the Excellent category! Yippee! I had more than average amounts of ten of the fifteen good bacteria and had only a couple of the fifteen bad ones.

OK, so where do we go from here.  Well now in the Zoe app I have an enormous list of food ingredients each having a score based on my personal results.  

As an example here are three of the many pages I can use.  Remember these are scores for me and not necessarily for you. These are not the entire list in each case, they scroll up or down a long way. Don't forget these are the scores of these foods as they affect me. You may well be different.



You can dip into any ingredient for a more detailed look. Here's a courgette

So using these food scores I can choose or construct a meal that is good for me.  Again these are scores out of 100 broken into the four bands.  Eat freely, Enjoy Regularly, Enjoy in Moderation, and Once in a While.  Nothing is totally off limits.

What is more there is a huge list of individually scored recipes for us to try. It's not all kale and lentils (although some of it is)!

Here's an example which looks as if it would be nice


A detailed recipe and instructions is provided in the app.

There's more! I can search out individual meals of all sorts.  Here I search for a favourite of my friend Rick


Of course it might not score the same for him.  I think there must be thousands of meals listed.

They've also provide a personalised list of Gut Booster foods to try and eat and a list if Gut Suppressors for me to avoid.

Lastly there is an analysis of the meals I logged during the trial period.  During that time I deliberately ate a range of good and naughty foods to see how it came out.  Let's just say fish and chips didn't do at all well, but my regular breakfasts and lunches were mostly good and a number (but not all) of my home cooked meals had good scores. 

What they suggest I do now is to start off by trying to stay above a meal score of 50 for a week and eating as many gut boosters as I can fit in.

Next week aim for 60+, then 65+ and so on up to the dizzy heights of the 80s and more.  And of course the lessons and suggestions continue.  I have on line access to expert help if I have any queries.

As well as meal scores they can provide daily scores as long as you log your meals of course.  Some things like fat control are cumulative during the day because it takes up to 8 hours to get rid of blood fat so a second meal might add to an already raised fat level.  Other things like blood sugar don't do that as much because it rises and falls more quickly.

For now I'm just browsing the lists and the suggested recipes.  We are away from home this weekend  and eating what we can get, so I'll start properly after that.

A lot to take in ain't it?



Comments

  1. Congratulations on your gut bacteria! I've only just realised that you have to buy the test kit as well as join the programme, so I'm still reeling from the shock. It sounds fascinating and I'll be looking forward to your assessment of the benefits in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it certainly isn't cheap. The way I look at it it just comes out of my childrens' inheritance, so in effect they are paying for it :-) I don't think they'll begrudge it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How it's going

Glucose monitoring finished , now on to gut biome stuff.

Join me as I experiment on my self -with the guidance of the Zoe programme