Glucose monitoring finished , now on to gut biome stuff.

 My continuous glucose monitor is now finished after 14 days of readings.  I thought you might like to see it now I've removed it from my arm. Here you see the side that was against my arm


The little spike is what penetrated the skin.  It's very fine and I felt no more than a pin prick when I attached it, and felt nothing after that.  It came with a spring loaded applicator that fired it onto my arm in a jiffy where it stuck immediately and stayed put the whole 14 days. The main body stuck to the arm with some sort of sticky stuff.  The whole thing is disposable now, I don't have to return it, so I might try and get it apart later today to better see the circuitry.

Actually I feel a bit deprived now it's finished.  It was interesting to get the readings each day, but I learned a lot and the results go to Zoe to add to the analysis and to the report I'll receive later.

So now I'm on to a new phase of lessons in the app, focusing on gut health.  I've already done a lot of this by watching Zoe videos on Youtube, so I have a head start.  Today's lesson was about some of the microbes, good and bad, in your gut, some of the body functions they affect and the benefits of eating lots of different plants to feed the good ones.  The lessons are very short and only take ten minutes to read.

I may have mentioned before the benefits of eating fermented foods - cheese, yoghurt, kefir and so on.  A couple of weeks ago I made some sauerkraut and I'm pleased to report that it turned out really well - nicer than commercial ones I tried in the past.  It took literally a few minutes to make, a couple of weeks to ferment, and now it's crunchy and pleasant tasting.  The ingredients - just shredded cabbage and salt -nothing more, not even water.  Next time I make some I'll add some grated carrot and perhaps experiment with a herb - mint maybe.


Comments

  1. I tried kimchi once and hated it, it was fizzy! Is your sauerkraut fizzy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No my sauerkraut isn't fizzy although during fermentation some bubbles came off. When I considered it ready I just poured off the liquid that had formed and now its just moist and crunchy but no fizz. It's so easy and cheap to make, you can't lose much by having a go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How it's going

Join me as I experiment on my self -with the guidance of the Zoe programme