A slap up meal tests blood sugar to the limits

 Last night we went out for a special meal at the expense of our son Peter, and I suspect it was about as difficult for my blood sugars as I ever get.  The 24 hr graph looks like a mountain range.


This was about as far from my daily food routine as I ever get.  We started off with drinks, then a main course of lobster and chips(!) with some prosecco then sticky toffee pudding with ice cream then a coffee liqueur, then home for some whisky, after eight mints, and some crisps. Well you an see the graph.  I'm guessing the zig zags in the night reflected the different foods and drinks reacting at different times.

I'm nearing the end of blood sugar week now although I still have the monitor for another 7 days.  I have had a couple of problems with the app which moves you through the challenge tests, as if you miss one of the challenge tests one day then it moves on to the next, whereas I'd rather pick up where I left off.  By and large though, it all works well and I've now discovered how to e.g. go back to yesterday and amend what I ate if I suddenly remember I overlooked something.

Today I'm back to somewhat more healthy eating.  Tomorrow we're going to the Cambridge Botanical Gardens for their annual apple day where you can sample slices of lots of different varieties of apple, many of them relatively rare.  No doubt we'll have some cider too.  Goodness knows what a graph I'll have after that.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How it's going

Glucose monitoring finished , now on to gut biome stuff.

Join me as I experiment on my self -with the guidance of the Zoe programme